Moon City Poetry Award
The 2018 Moon City Poetry Award
• The Moon City Poetry Award is for an original collection of poems written in English by a single author.
• Individual poems in the collection may be published in periodicals or may have appeared in a chapbook, but poems should not be previously published in full-length manuscript form.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press, its editors, or its judges, past or present. Students, faculty, alumni, and staff of Missouri State University, past or present, are also ineligible.
• Manuscripts should be at least 48 pages long.
• Manuscripts submissions are open now and should be submitted via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline: Extended to June 1, 2018. Winners will be notified fall 2018 and the winner will be published in 2019.
• First prize: $1,000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Arkansas Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please contact Editor Lanette Cadle at email@example.com.
Past Winners Of The Moon City Poetry Award:
2017: Clayton Adam Clark, A Finitude of Skin
2016: Kerri French, Every Room in the Body
2015: Jeannine Hall Gailey, Field Guide to the End of the World
2014: Sarah Freligh, Sad Math
All titles are available through the Store page.