Moon City Poetry Award
Clayton Adam Clark Wins the 2017 Moon City Poetry Award
The editors of Moon City Press are pleased to announce Clayton Adam Clark of St. Louis as the first-prize winner of the 2017 Moon City Poetry Award for his collection, A Finitude of Skin. Clayton’s book will be published by MCP next fall, and he will receive the $1,000 cash prize.
Congratulations, too, to our ten finalists, including two runners-up. They include the following authors:
Alison Blevins of Joplin, MO
Annette C. Boehm of Bochem, Germany
Jennifer Bullis of Bellingham, WA
Rae Gouirand of Davis, CA
Charles Kell of Charlestown, RI
Alysse McCanna of Stillwater, OK
Phoebe Reeves of Cincinnati, OH, Runner-Up
Sue William Silverman of Grand Haven, MI
Sheila Squillante of Pittsburgh, PA
Gabriel Welsch of Huntingdon, PA, Runner-Up
Thanks and congratulations to everyone who entered this year’s competition, which by far received more submissions than we ever have in the past, making our decision all the more difficult.
The 2018 Moon City Poetry Award
• The Moon City Poetry Award is for an original collection of poems written in English by a single author.
• Individual poems in the collection may be published in periodicals or may have appeared in a chapbook, but poems should not be previously published in full-length manuscript form.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press, its editors, or its judges, past or present. Students, faculty, alumni, and staff of Missouri State University, past or present, are also ineligible.
• Manuscripts should be at least 48 pages long.
• Manuscripts submissions are open now and should be submitted via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline: May 1, 2018. Winners will be notified fall 2018 and the winner will be published in 2019.
• First prize: $1,000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Arkansas Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please contact Editor Lanette Cadle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Winners Of The Moon City Poetry Award:
2016: Kerri French, Every Room in the Body
2015: Jeannine Hall Gailey, Field Guide to the End of the World
2014: Sarah Freligh, Sad Math
All titles are available through the Store page.