Moon City Poetry Award
Presenting the Eleven Finalists for the 2017 Moon City Poetry Award:
The editors of Moon City Press love congratulating the following eleven authors on being named finalists in our 2017 Moon City Poetry Award competition:
Alison Blevins of Joplin, MO
Annette C. Boehm of Bochem, Germany
Jennifer Bullis of Bellingham, WA
Clayton Clark of St. Louis, MO
Rae Gouirand of Davis, CA
Charles Kell of Charlestown, RI
Alysse McCanna of Stillwater, OK
Phoebe Reeves of Cincinnati, OH
Sue William Silverman of Grand Haven, MI
Sheila Squillante of Pittsburgh, PA
Gabriel Welsch of Huntingdon, PA
Over the next few weeks, our poetry team has the abominable task of choosing just one of these authors’ fine collections as our winner, which will be published by MCP in the fall of 2018. The winning author will receive the $1,000 cash prize as well, while the other ten finalists will also be considered for publication.
As soon as we have our official winner, we’ll make the announcement, but in the meantime, congratulations to these eleven authors on their significant accomplishment!
The 2018 Moon City Poetry Award
• The Moon City Poetry Award is for an original collection of poems written in English by a single author.
• Individual poems in the collection may be published in periodicals or may have appeared in a chapbook, but poems should not be previously published in full-length manuscript form.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press, its editors, or its judges, past or present. Students, faculty, alumni, and staff of Missouri State University, past or present, are also ineligible.
• Manuscripts should be at least 48 pages long.
• Manuscripts submissions are open now and should be submitted via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline: May 1, 2018. Winners will be notified fall 2018 and the winner will be published in 2019.
• First prize: $1,000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Arkansas Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please contact Editor Lanette Cadle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Winners Of The Moon City Poetry Award:
2016: Kerri French, Every Room in the Body
2015: Jeannine Hall Gailey, Field Guide to the End of the World
2014: Sarah Freligh, Sad Math
All titles are available through the Store page.