The 2016 Moon City Poetry Award Winner is Kerri French
The editors of Moon City Press are thrilled to announce the winner of its 2016 Moon City Poetry Award, Kerri French of Murfreesboro, Tennessee! Kerri’s manuscript, Every Room in the Body, will be published by Moon City Press in September of 2017. She will also receive the $1000 prize. Congratulations, Kerri!
We would also like to extend congratulations to the following authors, who were the finalists in the competition:
Milton Bates of Marquette, Michigan
Susana Case of New York, New York (runner-up)
Tasha Cotter of Lexington, Kentucky
Kelly Davio of Maplewood, New Jersey
Leonard Kress of Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Angie Macri of Hot Springs, Arkansas
Jeremy Morris of West Dundee, Illinois
Kathy O’Fallon of Fallbrook, California
Heidi Reszies of Richmond, Virginia
Alex Stolis of Eagan, Minnesota (runner-up)
Finally, congratulations to everyone who entered for making the contest work, for making the decision so challenging. Guidelines for the 2017 competition are directly below.
The 2017 Moon City Poetry Award
• The Moon City Poetry Award is for an original collection of poems written in English by a single author.
• Individual poems in the collection may be published in periodicals or may have appeared in a chapbook, but poems should not be previously published in full-length manuscript form.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press, its editors, or its judges, past or present. Students, faculty, alumni, and staff of Missouri State University, past or present, are also ineligible.
• Manuscripts should be at least 48 pages long.
• Manuscripts submissions are open now and should be submitted via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline: May 1, 2017. Winners will be notified fall 2017 and the winner will be published in 2018.
• First prize: $1000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Arkansas Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please contact Editor Lanette Cadle at email@example.com.
Past Winners Of The Moon City Poetry Award:
2015: Jeannine Hall Gailey, Field Guide to the End of the World
2014: Sarah Freligh, Sad Math
All titles are available through the Store page.