Moon City Poetry Award
Announcing the Finalists of the 2021 Moon City Poetry Award
The editors of Moon City Press would like to congratulate the following eleven authors, chosen by Series Editor Karen Craigo as finalists in the 2021 Moon City Poetry Award competition:
Mara Adamitz Scrupe
Kimberly Ann Priest
Stephanie JT Russell
Seth Brady Tucker
In the coming weeks, we will select a winner from the eleven final collections. Once a contract is in place, we will make our final selection public. The winning collection will be published by Moon City Press late this year and the author will receive the $1000 prize.
Entries for the 2022 Moon City Poetry Award competition are open now and will remain so through June 15. A link to that Submittable portal can be found below.
Thank you and good luck to every poet who entered. Congrats and good luck to all the finalists!
The 2022 Moon City Poetry Award
• The Moon City Poetry Award is for an original collection of poems written in English by a single author.
• Individual poems in the collection may be published in periodicals or may have appeared in a chapbook, but poems should not be previously published in full-length manuscript form.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press, its editors, or its judges, past or present. Students, faculty, alumni, and staff of Missouri State University, past or present, are also ineligible.
• Manuscripts should be at least 48 pages long. Manuscripts should be submitted here, via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline: Extended to June 15, 2022.
• First prize: $1,000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Arkansas Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please contact Editor Karen Craigo at email@example.com.
Past Winners Of The Moon City Poetry Award:
2020: Claudia Putnam, The Land of Stone and River
2019: Bret Shepard, Place Where Presence Was
2018: Kathy Goodkin, Crybaby Bridge
2017: Clayton Adam Clark, A Finitude of Skin
2016: Kerri French, Every Room in the Body
2015: Jeannine Hall Gailey, Field Guide to the End of the World
2014: Sarah Freligh, Sad Math
All titles are available through the Store page.